What Does it Mean to Take Good Care of Yourself?
What does it mean to take good care of yourself? From my point of view it can mean all of these things:
- Putting yourself first sometimes
- Enforcing healthy boundaries between yourself and others
- Taking the time to nourish your soul--doing what you love
- Taking the time to nourish your body--with healthy foods
- Taking the time for relaxation techniques to reduce stress
- Claiming your power. If you claim your power, you speak up for yourself in a kind, but firm way
- Taking the time to exercise
- Loving yourself enough to address self-destructive habits
Although these are common sense things, we often have to train ourselves to do these things in our adult life. I have found that I tend to do better if I keep a journal of what I'm doing to take good care of myself. It helps me to be more self-aware. This whole web site is dedicated to helping you to take better care of yourself. Remember, it's a journey, a process, not a destination.